David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

hi iv got audi a3. why have I only got a spark to 3 of my coil

Customer Question

hi iv got audi a3. why have I only got a spark to 3 of my coil packs. iv got new plugs and coil pack but that hasn't worked I don't no what to do. thanks dean
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer

I believe that this car will have a ignition amplifier that controls the wiring to the coil packs. I think it should be located near or bolted to the air filter housing and the unit has two wiring plugs on it. On one side it will have 4 wires and the other side will have 5 wires and I would recommend trying a new one of these next. I will try to find a picture of one for you and post it here for you.

I hope that this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Expert:  David-VAG replied 4 years ago.

Hi here is the picture of the unit that I mentioned above

Dave