Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

air con, driver side centre vent and side vent blowing hot

Customer Question

air con, driver side centre vent and side vent blowing hot whilst left blowing cold when both sides set at same temp, 18 degrees C. Happens in both auto and econ settings.
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer

It sounds very much like you have either a flap control motor fault or a temp sensor fault. You will need to have the fault memory checked of the air con system to sww which one is playing up. If there are no fault codes stored you will need to have the measuring blocks checked to see which sensor is reading the wrong temperature.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where should i take the car for diagnostic check, is it audi only? thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE... I am sorry to see you have not received any reply ... I have been asked to follow up on this for you.

With this situation that you have - any Vw / Audi range of dealers can do this for you -yes... but I would suggest ringing round smaller garages locally - Often these have the equipment needed -and that would be cheaper for you as they do not charge as much as main dealer rates for labour - The same applies to the repairs, whatever is found to be needing doing.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.