Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my 2008 R8 suffered what appears to be front diff failure with

Customer Question

my 2008 R8 suffered what appears to be front diff failure with only 13500 miles on clock. Seems to be a common failure according to internet search. what cost to fix and what redress with audi Germany with regards XXXXX XXXXX in such a low milage car
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My car was delivered to Audi dealership yesterday and was diagnosed with collapsed front diff. Cost of repair £3200 plus labour plus vat!!! Audi GB responded within 3 hours and will cover the cost of repair. There is a problem with these diffs as I have come across several failure stories on forums. Don't need your answer now but as I have paid then yes please find out what you can. It may help me or other R8 owners in the future, Thanks, Gordon

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to hear of your problems..

I am sorry that you have suffered in this way - but yes, it is a common / known issue with these vehicles Im afraid.

You shouldn't have any bother at all getting redress from Vw / Audi - though often they will often only cover part of the cost- known as betterment... If they have agreed to cover the full cost , they have done really well by you - you can be pleased with that! - but- if the mileage is a genuine 13,500 - that is what will have made all the difference...as its well below average miles... After which they cut what they will pay.

While the replacement parts used are of upgraded / better quality - I would advise keeping hold of your paperwork on the repair - for the future.. just in case..

I hope all goes well for you Gordon - Im sure it will...

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.