Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How difficult is it to re attach a 2000 A8 front bumper

Customer Question

Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE -

Can you describe the issue more fully - ie, is it the bottom trim thats damaged...or the main plastic bumper itself - etc ?

Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is only the plastic cover of the bumper and only on one side. No part of the trim is damaged it was (the plastic cover) pulled forward on one side as I had to reverse back.The parking area had a kerb followed by a gap so that when the tyre had come to a stop against it the trim was on the other side of a 4 inch parking stop. not high enough for the trim to touch but once tyres against it high enough to allow trim of bumper to drop down beyond it. so to reverse it pulled one side off by 1/2-3/4 inch off.

Yvonne

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Yvonne.

Thank you for your reply - and my apologies that I appear to have just missed it as I was due off till now.. sorry about that.

Ok - with that , probably the best thing I can do for you is give you an exploded diagram of the components of the front bumper so that you can see how its made up / held together.

If you look at the link HERE on that pic - item 5 is a plastic slide affixed to the bottom of the wing - as circled .. ( it shows one side - both are the same ) The bumper corner then slides on so that it affixes firmly onto that - and is held in place there... it slots in and clicks into place. If you can get the bumper to align and then do that as above , it will click in and be ok.

It depends on the extent / awkwardness as to how its been damages really - what I mean is, sometimes when that happens, its just so awkward - and the plastic wont "bend" enough when pulled, to allow it to re align and go back in - as above. If thats the case, the whole thing will have to be unfastened - drawn forward, re aligned and then re fitted as above. If it should come to that ,its not really an easy job -as I say, the whole lot has to be undone and re aligned.... You may may find you want to let a local garage do that for you if you cant do as above - but by all means I can let you have the instructions for that should you want to do it yourself - if it should come to that.

Bear in mind too that inside the front parts - front edge of the under wheel arch / lines, there are clips holding the trims on - they may have come off/ been pulled all apart by the damage - so check that also.. Let me know how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.