Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have an A6 with the red mmi screen. my radio will only

Customer Question

i have an A6 with the red mmi screen.
my radio will only pick up 1 or 2 stations and the signal seems to fade in and out.
help
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know Thank and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX

Please tell me exactly what you have done / tested / checked so far..

Plus - was anything / any work done at the vehicle prior to this happening - or did it just occur?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just bought the vehicle, didnt check the radio, so dont know.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your reply - and info there.

Ok - Im afraid that this is a common issue with these MMi units - one of the faults that occur anyway...

I have to say, that without testing it, I suspect the power amp ( for the MMi ) is faulty - they do die.. ( on the right hand side in the boot - check for water ingress as thats a common issue )... but again there are many components that can cause what you have - even down to the MOST circuit (pwr circuit )

Too - spills from drinks ( previous owner ) is a common issue that can cause this too - even to bad solder on the circuit boards.

I suggest then check what you can - which is really the amp in the boot as above - After that though, if you cannot find any issues there - really your very best move then would be to have a plug in diagnostic test done. This is done via the OBD socket on the car - Any Vw / Audi dealer can do this for you to find the cause of the fault - as can any small type garage that has the correct equipment ( many do so it may be worth ringing round )

So thats the way forward on this now. I am sorry that I cannot say it will be this / or that - there are just two many things on the system that do fail... Let me know how you go or if you need anything more - but that is the way forward now on this for you -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.