Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

central locking not operating properly and electric windows

Customer Question

central locking not operating properly and electric windows not operating drivers door doesn't lock
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE -

The usual cause of these faults when you have what you have , is broken or chaffed wiring to the drivers door - or inside. This is common.

Check the wiring that runs inside the tubing that goes from the body to the drivers door... open that up and check carefully - repair as you find.

If there are no faults there - then you have to remove the drivers door panel and gain access to the inside of the door - to trace either a wiring issue as above - or a faulty door lock / solenoid -

99/100 the faults are found as above. You could have a plug in diagnostic done at a garage that would find the cause of this - but I suggest work as above first - you will often find the fault as above and be able to cure it that way -as found.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

You need now to click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.