mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2000 Audi Ty quatro 1.8 225bhp 9900mis. buying, issues

Customer Question

Hi. I am looking to by a 2000 Audi Ty quatro 1.8 225bhp 99000 miles in good condition. When I was testing the car I thought a heard a bang comming from the exhausts when increasing rev while driving. Just 2 times maybe in 30 min. Is that could be a sigh of a serious costly issue or maybe something small and not expensive? also, car is pulling a bit ro the left when driving. What should I look out for in those? Beside timing belt and pump. I am bit sceptical and hoping to make a fair deal. Thank you
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The noise that you are hearing from the exhaust is likely not a big issue. One of the exhaust mounts is most likely broken which is common and results in this issue.
As for the pulling the most common reason for this is a worn and loose tie rod.
What I would suggest here is to have the inner and outer tie rods checked on both sides of the front and the exhaust mounts.