mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Had a new clutch and release bearing fitted on my audi rs4

Customer Question

Had a new clutch and release bearing fitted on my audi rs4 b7 was really nice and smooth 100 miles later gears started to get hard to select and now can't select gear what do you think it can be thanks for your help
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Normally this happens after a clutch replacement if the flywheel was not replaced in these vehicles. The new clutch and the old flywheel does not mate well together and causes this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So do I need to replace flywheel or flywheel and clutch again will the clutch that's in the car still be ok thanks for your help
The clutch should be good,just replace the flywheel. Thank you.