mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my audi a3 2.0tdi auto dsg gearbox is giving me trouble.it

Customer Question

my audi a3 2.0tdi auto dsg gearbox is giving me trouble.it keeps going into limp mode every now and again i have to turn the engine off then on again and its fine .i have had the box oil and filter done but no change it has also had diagnostic done but it showed no faults please can you help iam being told some real horror storys of costs to fix it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Do you know how the fluid looked when it was changed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the garage said it was very clean like it had just been done.the car has just done 200miles and not had the problem once got in it this morring and it did it after acouple of miles

Ok. What you are describing is the valve body inside of the gearbox is loosing pressure,the most common reason for this is one of the solenoids is starting to fail. The problem is for this gearbox the valve body has to be replaced as the solenoids are not sold separately The first step needs to be the vehicle needs to be connected to a gearbox scan tool and driven with will monitor the pressure readings..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cant find a garage thats heard of gearbox scan tool

Not sure what that is most scan tools now have a program specifically for the gear box. You will likely need a dealer or a garage that specializes in working on gearboxes.