mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Temp. & Fuel guage not registering. Car Will fire but konks

Customer Question

Temp. & Fuel guage not registering. Car Will fire but konks out. Digital display just below guages doesn't light up on ignition. Is this a fuse problem ? Audi 1.8 225. 2001
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing the is a ignition switch issue,the ignition switch and the ecu are not communicating properly together and therefor causing the issue that you are having.To correct this issue the ignition switch would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would this problem arise from the Immobliser ?

The particular issue that you are having would likely not be caused by a immobilizer issue and more so from the ignition switch.