mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello My 2004 a8 boot lid is refusing to latch shut. It closes

Customer Question

My 2004 a8 boot lid is refusing to latch shut. It closes with the motor and then the latch motor fails to pull it shut, the right side pops up momentarily and then stops with a bang (soft). Unfortunately it means that the alarm doesnt activate and the boot lid warning constantly shows in the DIS meaning that i have to use the main screen to change the radio channel. This appears to be quite common. Is it a lid motor issue or a latch problem ?
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
This is the lid motor that is causing this problem. The motor is starting to electrically fail and cause the issue that you are having. This is a common issue and the fix is to have the lid motor replaced. I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue many times.