David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

my car was parked for 5 weeks at the airport when we started

Customer Question

my car was parked for 5 weeks at the airport when we started the engine the bonnet open flashed on display and windscreen wipers don't work also alarm starts up when car is parked ,car audi a3 on 06 plate
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

It sounds like you may have a problem with the bonnet switch and this will cause the issues that you have stated. If you open the bonnet and go to where the catch is on the metal plate in front of the engine. If you look on the engine side you should see a 2 pin electrical connector there and this goes to your bonnet switch. If you disconnect this the warning on the dash should go out and the washers and wipers should work. If they do you will need to have the bonnet switch replaced.

If that fails please get back to me with what happens when you try this.

I hope this helps and if I can help further please feel free to ask

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can see wires going in do the wires or the block above pull out as tried but still have same problems . do I take the car to auto electrics or normal service garage?

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hi the wiring should come apart at a small two pin connector and below is a picture of the multiplug.

If you have disconnected the wiring to this part and the fault still remains the same then you have a further problem. This could be a wiring fault or a body control unit fault. If it's a body control unit this will need to be coded to your car so it may be better to get an auto elecrician to have a look at it for you. Or if you have a local Audi specialist they should be able to do this for you.

Dave