mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have an Audi A4 1.8T petrol on a 54reg. i have engine management

i have an Audi A4 1.8T petrol on a 54reg. i have engine management light flashing on and off as well as ABS light and also EPC light flashing on and off. when this happens the revs on the car die and the car goes into limp mode for a few seconds. i pull over switch the engine off and re-start the car and it all seems fine for a few mins then it all happens again, sometimes the will drive.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Has the ECU itself been tested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

the ecu has not been tested yet.

From what you are describing the ECU is what is causing this problem and is not communicating with the vehicle properly and setting false codes. The ECU is going to need to be tested as a next step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i thought it would be the ecu. i just wonder if it may have been something else.

thnaks for your time Mike

No problem thank you,also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.