mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I am thinking of buying an audi A6 1.9TDI auto it as a problem

I am thinking of buying an audi A6 1.9TDI auto it as a problem it clunks when you select
drive on auto but drive Ok after the manual side change side when selected seems OK
I was told its poss it could be low on fluid but I thought audi auto box are sealed its 2003
model.

Thanks Colin
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

This is likely a internal failure to the gear box and from what you are describing this is the valve body that is causing this issue.The valve bodys are known to fail on these vehicles and this would be a expensive repair.The only way to test this is to have the vehicle connected to a diagnostic tool and test driven.