David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

Drivers power seat goes forward all the way but only goes back

Customer Question

Drivers power seat goes forward all the way but only goes back about a third of the way and stops. This happens when using both the lower seat buttons & the seat back switch, can anybody help
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

The first thing that you need to check is that all the runners and under the seat are free from any obstuctions. Anything small can fall down inside the runners and cause the seat to stop. I would use a torch and have the seat in the highest positon that you can get it and hve a really good look around as things can hide themselves really well inside the runners.

Once you have done that please feel free to come back and ask for further help and I will be happy to try and help you further on this problem.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
David
I have checked the runners and can see nothing any different from the passenger side. The seat moves forward fully then stops but moving backwards it stops about a third back, at this point the motor stops and doesn't strain as if its trying to move any further.