Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi , my audi a4 b6 2.5tdi multitronic sport, has been making

Customer Question

Hi , my audi a4 b6 2.5tdi multitronic sport, has been making a grinding noise for a while and today I got it and tried to pull away , put it in drive and it would, nt drive and when it finally did it keep jumping and juddering and would hardly move. So I've parked it up ... Any ideas . Thanks . Simon
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Simon

I'm sorry to say that the multitronic transmisson is very prone to giving issues once they're past the 60K mile mark

sometimes you can improve things by draining the fluid and filling with fresh a couple of times ( have to do it at least twice to refresh all the fluid, as some is caught inside the torque convertor)

However be prepared to have to replace the transmisson or at least have it removed and repaired