Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi I have an audi A4 yesterday out of the blue the alarm kept

Customer Question

hi I have an audi A4 yesterday out of the blue the alarm kept going off for apparently no reason and flattened the battery i started the car with jump leads but the alram goes off again after about 10 minuets of being locked the car was stood for 10 days while we were away started fine when we got home and ran perfectly for 2 days then yesterday.

The only thing I have noticed is that the cooling fans on the radiator were running should they run after car is turned off

Any Idea's
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

this sounds to me like the battery is being flattened by the fans

and as a battery voltage drops this can produce all sorts of odd faults including having the alarm go off

on the back of the fans there's a control module / box that can become faulty and leave the fans on all the time

they are supposed to run for a short period after a hot run but only for a couple of minutes at most

so if the fans are staying on longer than this I'd replace that control module