Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Will a 2007 a4 2.0tdi bpw engine code engine fit and plug directly

Customer Question

Will a 2007 a4 2.0tdi bpw engine code engine fit and plug directly in my Audi?Which is a 2005 a4 2.0tdi sline blb engine code?Reason for this is the chain driven oil pump on my engine is almost gone as the balancer shaft is making serious noise, eventually leading to failure,But the conversion to a gear driven oil pump will cost more than a new engine with quarter the mileage if my own.Also from what I'm told from an Audi dealer is that the bpw engine is also both chain and gear driven, but only determined by the chassis number, but the engine I'm buying is out of a scrapyard that bought the engine from the uk and is now here in Ireland. So no chassis number
Category: Audi