Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi I have audi a3 1.6 petrol s line 3 door ,2009 ,have got

Customer Question

Hi I have audi a3 1.6 petrol s line 3 door ,2009 ,have got water in driver side foot well ,now problem is ever time it rains water appears ever time in same place please advise how can I solve this problem,my numberxxxxxxxxxxxx

Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

If the car has AC then this could be the AC drain pipe thats come adrift or is clogged under the car and backing up the system.

To get to the pipe you access it from under the car

Also worth checking that the door seals don't have any rips or tears and that they're touching all round the door - best way to confirm this is to rub some vaseline into the seal and close the door then when you re-open it check that the grease line is all the way round and check where theres any gaps - as this indicates the seal isn't touching

also check that the sunroof drains are free and clear and these should vent out under the car and can become silted up and rust though due to the trapped water - If you look in the corners of the sunroof well in the roof you should spot a small hole / channel which is the entrance to the drain

and I'd also remove the pollen filter and check inside its chamber for any signs of water as these shoud have a drain for water to escape and they can clog up