Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

instruments lights sometimes dont work when i switch on the

instruments lights sometimes dont work when i switch on the ignition
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what information do you need

No further information is required at the moment. I will continue to search for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
just want an answer?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name isXXXXX happy to help you ..

I note your issues - Can you tell me - how intermittent is this...? And is it the same with whatever key you use?

Have you had any tests / checks done at all thus far?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we just have the car two months now .it might be on if we go two the shop and when we come back out it might be of . this happens on and off we didnt try changing the key yet .but will try 2moro.we have no test yet as it is not due yet.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply and info.

For some odd reason, your reply as above has only just reached me - That must have been a system issue of sorts, I can only apologise for that ..

Ok, What I meant by "test" was tests on the ign system, diagnostic wise - not Mot test..

Try the other key as I mention as this issue can sometimes be down to an electronic key problem... but if its not that, the actual wiring / connections need checking down from the back of the ignition unit to the fuse / relay box where they terminate. The actual fuses / relays should be checked there too for bad connections or even for water ingress which can happen sometimes.

Other than that as above if all is ok there - then the actual ignition unit is suspect given your symptoms as you describe them - before replacement I would advise have a garage check the system diagnostically as above to confirm that then go from there- they would do that with dedicated test equipment for the job -and one way or the other as above, that will see thus cured for you.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert