Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi, Im making an enquiry on behalf of my boss, Jared Sullivan.

I’m making an enquiry on behalf of my boss, Jared Sullivan. Jared owns an Audi Q7 registration B8 EBE. The car has sustained damage following a service and following an engineers report into the damage it has emerged that the wrong oil may have been used in the car. I’m, emailing because we would like to establish whether the following statement is correct;

“The use of low viscosity oil has led to the damage to the engine reported by the engineer - specifically damage to cylinder numbers six and four caused by loss of correct engine compression.”

Would someone within your technical department be able to assist in confirming whether low viscosity oil could cause engine damage,
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm happy to wait for an answer - many thanks

Steve

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello Steve and Welcome..

This is Im afraid a rather common issue we see... Certainly yes, I can confirm that the use of the wrong oil for the said engine, can indeed cause the issues you have described.

We see this situation arising a lot with Diy servicing or with smaller type garages that dont take the time, or for whatever reason, to check / use the correct oils... leading to disaster for the engine...

I hope that the above helps you / your boss...

All the best - MIKE.

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert