Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a leak on the rear door of a audi a3 2.0ltr tsi sportline

I have a leak on the rear door of a audi a3 2.0ltr tsi sportline the leak is only on the near side
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

Its worth checking that the door seals don't have any rips or tears and that they're touching all round the door - best way to confirm this is to rub some vaseline into the seal and close the door then when you re-open it check that the grease line is all the way round and check where theres any gaps - as this indicates the seal isn't touching

also check that the sunroof drains are free and clear and these should vent out under the car and can become silted up and rust though due to the trapped water - If you look in the corners of the sunroof well in the roof you should spot a small hole / channel which is the entrance to the drain