Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

2000 Audi TT Windows have started opening themselves.

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Audi TT 180bhp. The windows have started opening fully themselves when the car is locked. Local Audi dealer says they haven't heard of the issue before. They tried to connect to the diagnostics machine but say they couldnt get a reading. No communication between engine Ecu /dash cluster available via ODIS or VAS. What is the cause of the windows opening as I have had no issues until now. Any pointers ?

Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help you .

Frankly Im surprised that the dealers have said that to you - I would strongly suggest to use another ! This is a fairy common issue that they will know about - Who can say why they have responded as they have.

The usual cause of this fault is a faulty control module - often caused by water ingress into the module - ruining the module - causing shorting - that "switches" the circuit to open the windows... It can be just a plain faulty module - but in any event, it needs it checking and go from there... This will also cause issues with the comms on the diag equipment ( though one assumes they checked the fuse for the OBD first.... )..

Again - honest advice here is to use somewhere else - frankly, I just don't understand their response. Any good dealer or garage that works with these vehicles, will know the above and how to sort this for you..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

.....You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.