Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

getting noise in glove compartment in a audi a4 convertable,central

Customer Question

getting noise in glove compartment in a audi a4 convertable,central locking not working & windows not coming down
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

MY name is MIKE , Im happy to help you with your A4 ..

Noises, per se , can for obvious reasons , be somewhat difficult for us here - not being able to inspect, or even hear, them - so it may be that you have to describe that more so.. Often though such noises, in that area, are due to loose internal fixings - behind the glove box or even a part of the glove box , such as the mounting fixings, the hinges / catches etc... If its not that - you would have to remove the glove box to physically inspect / check up behind the glove box for any such causes... Such really is a case for anyone, of physically checking / inspecting for any such loose fittings that will cause such noises until its found -

As regards your other / second issue with the windows coming down and the CDL system not working - check carefully for water ingress into the car - under the passenger seat -front.

It may not be immediately obvious - the carpet / sound proofing is very thick - but what happens is water / damp gets into the modules there - that control the windows and CDL system that you are having troubles with .. What you describe is a common fault with this model - Sometimes the modules can be opened up and dried out and they will work ok again - others have to be renewed - but thats the way forward on this one now. If it is water- you would then have to address / cure that issue too - If its not water, its a module usually, but the wiring should be checked for faults - shorts / damage etc.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.