Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I purchased an Audi A4 TDI/with Multitronic gearbox from Main

Customer Question

I purchased an Audi A4 TDI/with Multitronic gearbox from Main Audi dealer, it was their demonstrator car 15,000 miles [2010 plate] the mileage at todays date is 38,060, warranty expired over 6 months ago and car has been serviced, mot`d, multitronic gearbox oil changed all by Audi -Cardiff, over the last few days there has been a loud noise coming from the gearbox, i asked Audi to investigate the problem when they were changing the multi tronic oil yesterday, i picked the car up paid the bill £ 170-00 and was told the noise might go away and to monitor the car as i drove it, the noise is worse and noticed on invoice paid -- new mutitronic gearbox required,do you think that a car with below average mileage should be having a new gearbox fitted, and that Audi should cover the cost.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

This is MIKE - Im happy to help you with your question..

Im sorry to hear of your issue with your Audi.

Indeed- your vehicle should not be having these problems - not at that age / mileage - and too as its had a full service history.

I strongly advise you to speak with the service manager at the dealership - tell them you are are not at ll happy with this situation - and you would like them to contact Audi UK for help with this - with a view to a free of charge repair.. ( or a considerable good will payment toward the repair.)

You have everything on your side here - its age - mileage and the fact that you have had it dealer serviced ... I do know that Audi will often work with people on such cases and so it well worth you making the move as above... and Im sure you will get help from them for this.

So thats the way forward on this one now .. Let me know how you get on..

Meantime ,

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.