Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I recently bought a 2002 A4 2.5tdi quattro estate.I was

Hi I recently bought a 2002 A4 2.5tdi quattro estate.I was on the motorway this morning when I heard a screeching from under the car. I pulled off the motorway and on the slip road all 4 wheels locked up. I couldn't select any gears to move the car. Could it be the transfer box.? Thanks.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to hear of your issues..

Indeed though yes - it could well be that with the Quattro you have - and most likely is.

Im afraid there is little to nothing you can do on a diy basis - you are going to need garage help with this... If its still locking up, you will need it recovering so that it can be checked / stripped priced and repaired for you.

The good news is most any small type good garage can do this for you - you don't need to use a dealer - so as a tip, that would be a lot cheaper for you as an option. But again, that is indeed the most likely fault here - it will need checking properly as above now.. Im very sorry its not good news for you.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.