Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I recently bought a 2002 A4 2.5tdi quattro estate.I was

Hi I recently bought a 2002 A4 2.5tdi quattro estate.I was on the motorway this morning when I heard a screeching from under the car. I pulled off the motorway and on the slip road all 4 wheels locked up. I couldn't select any gears to move the car. Could it be the transfer box.? Thanks.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to hear of your issues..

Indeed though yes - it could well be that with the Quattro you have - and most likely is.

Im afraid there is little to nothing you can do on a diy basis - you are going to need garage help with this... If its still locking up, you will need it recovering so that it can be checked / stripped priced and repaired for you.

The good news is most any small type good garage can do this for you - you don't need to use a dealer - so as a tip, that would be a lot cheaper for you as an option. But again, that is indeed the most likely fault here - it will need checking properly as above now.. Im very sorry its not good news for you.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.