Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2003 A4 1.8t key on instruments wont illuminate, all warning

Customer Question

2003 A4 1.8t key on instruments won't illuminate, all warning lights on and chime. Engine runs for two seconds then stops. Immobiliser fault?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
.Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you.

This is indeed sounding like you have an immobilizer fault - you have the light as you say and the 2 sec running.... so thats the issue.

It can be that you have a faulty key so try your spare first.

Other than that - if its not that - you can have one or more of several faults ranging from the key antenna ( behind the ignition ) to a module fault -

I dont know what you can do yourself - but the wiring should be checked - but if nothing is found , as the system is fully electronic, you will need a plug in test on this to determine whats wrong - and fix from there.

As a tip - you can use a mobile auto locksmith - they can come to you and have all the equipment needed to do the above / sort this for you. Let me know how you get on -

If you need anything else at all, by all means come back to me with a reply - Im always happy to help more so if needed....

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.