mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

How much should it cost to replace a clutch on a Audi 59 plate

Customer Question

How much should it cost to replace a clutch on a Audi 59 plate A3 1.9 TDI sportback
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The labor for this repair will cost about 4 hours and the parts will be sold in a clutch kit which will run about 150.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry to say that your answer was a wasted £20 as I cannot find any garage that can do the job for less than £1,500 - I am told that this is a difficult job which requires the engine to be removed and that the flywheel is also affected

This job can be done with engine in the vehicle and the flywheel is to be checked,however I can't control what the garages are telling you.