Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2010 Q5, it is mis-firing (possibly 2 cylinders),

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Q5, it is mis-firing (possibly 2 cylinders), running rough and the engine check light appears as well. recently replaced all 6 plugs and two ignition coils. problem not gone away. also unburnt fuel smell well run for few minutes - this gets worse with time.

it was bought 2nd hand recently - I also believe the wiring loom has been tampered with.

local garage is suggesting change all injectors, both fuel rails, hp fuel pump (suggested not correct one for car), all spark plugs, all 6 coils (2 are new two weeks ago) and both wiring looms - is this excessive, or are they asking for permission to do sequentially to see what fixes problem?

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please close it thank you

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I presume you will refund my credit card?