Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi there i have a audi a3 2.0tdi 06 Constant seat belt

hi there i have a audi a3 2.0tdi 06

Constant seat belt warning chime when ive got my seat belt fastened is there a easy fix iam not great with cars

cheers

mick
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mick

1st try plugging in the passenger side seatbelt to see if this helps at all

if it does then its likely that the passenger seat pressure switch under the cushion is faulty and registering someone as sitting in the seat even when they're not

if this makes no difference then check under both front seats for where the wiring leaves the seat belt anchor as there should be a connector plug that joins into the main loom - locate the plugs ( 1 each side) , disconnect it and spray the pins with switch cleaner ( not WD40)

then connect and disconnect 5 times or so to try and scrub the contacts clean
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks matt

will give that a go hopefully solve it sods law went on a test run before i bought it and had no problems

cheers

mick

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
No problem Mick

just get back to me on this post with what you find
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Matt

The problem seems to be intermitant went out to pick up family driving by myself seatbelt light came on briefly with no chime and when i was reversing turning the steering wheel it came on for a little bit.

Should i try the contacts again with the spray or get a diagnostics

cheers

mick

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mick

have you tried plugging in the passenger side as I suggested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yep matt plugged the passenger seat belt and this morning was chimming all the way to work must be drivers side issue

Cheers

Mick

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mick

OK in that case have you tried disconnecting and cleaning the connections under the drivers seat as I've suggested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help matt iam taking the car back to the garage i got it from and they are going to sort the issue out

cheers

mick