Hello again -
Thank you for your reply and info-
Ok- to reset the system after what you have done, you can try a battery disconnect - but note - you must do it this way:
Remove the IGN key -
Ensure no one is in the vehicle - close the doors.
Disconnect the NEG off the battery - leave for 5 mins..
Then - SWITCH IGN ON - re connect the battery lead ( you may need your radio code after this too )
Now if what you have done has rectified the fault- the light will be out when the engine is started - If not - you still have a fault that the computer is seeing - and you will need to investigate further -
The code you have - the 00588 -033.. I will give you the tech info for as follows :
- Wiring from/to Air bag Igniter Driver Side (N95) faulty
- Coil Spring with Slip Ring (F138) faulty
- Air bag Igniter Driver Side (N95) faulty
- Check Wiring from/to Airbag Igniter Driver Side (N95)
- Check Coil Spring with Slip Ring (F138)
- Check Airbag Igniter Driver Side (N95)
- When "Short to positive" or "Short to ground" is found, DO NOT CLEAR THE DTC. This can cause the airbag to deploy. See repair manual for more information.
If you have not sorted the fault - diagnostic procedures will be needed to ID the actual cause as above to cure this for you -Do let me know if you need anything else at all -
Kind Rgds - MIKE.
..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings"
for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that
You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..