Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi i have a 61 plate audi tt dti and i want to fit a oil pressure

hi i have a 61 plate audi tt dti and i want to fit a oil pressure gauge but i cannot seem to find the oil pressure switch near the oil filter can you tell me where and how and what i need to remove ect to do my job thanks.

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi shantal not getting at you but why are you working hard to find a professional when i was under the impression i was communicating with a professional with 20 odd years service etc yesterday its just my luck i think he went to the pub or something . how long am i going to have to wait 24 hrs a week maybe, i would like to sort out my job this weekend if possible if thats ok.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome ..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help you.

From your comments above, I don't know who you thought you were conversing with but I see no record of any other expert answering you at all..

So please let me know if you do still require help with this, then we can carry on..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike yes please i would like your help very much, sorry for the delay ive just got home from work .

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply..

No problem re the delay - none of us are here all the time...

So that I can ID exactly what you have - can you gibe me the cars' full reg and VIN - then we can progress..

Rgds, MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike the reg is GY61JDZ and the vin is TRUZZZ8JOC1008604

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mike i dont get home untill 4.50 ish most evenings so im assuming you knock off about the same time because when i reply you dont seem to get back to me untill next day mid afternoon when im not available.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
HI again -

Thank you for your reply and info.

Yes as you say, we do keep missing each other... but its ok - you will get my replies / and mine, yours whenever we come back on.

The oil pressure switch is down the side of the engine where you say behind the oil filter location but Im afraid there is a great amount of stripping to do to even get at it..

I dont know if you are planning to fit an electrical type gauge or mechanical - but either way - you would "Plumb in " there - at the switch or behind it if mechanical.. but as above - Im afraid you would need to plan quite some time to even get at it -

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike can you be more specific as you look at the engine from the front of the car is it on the left or right of the oil filter and can i get at it better from under the car . allso im not sure what pipes contain liquid ect can you point me in the right direction as you say there are lots of items to remove like can i remove enough items easily without removing the front grill/radiator etc.

chears mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why wont you reply to my last question is it because i need to pay again .

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again...

Im sorry - I was off yesterday...( well part of - ) You dont have to pay again no.. I wasn't ignoring you in any way..

Its kind of adjacent to / behind the oil cooler / filter area... Its difficult as I said before because its right down there ...

You would find it easier to go up from the underside - though you will have to remove the under tray... you wont have to remove the front of the car.

Have you bought a kit for it / what type of gauge are you fitting?

Rgds, MIKE...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi mike im fitting a prosport electrical gauge halo premium series and a relocation kitfrom 42 draft designs .yes your right it is difficult to see that why i was asking the question because i can see the oil filter housing which screws off from the top and i can feel a cable wich seems to be going in towards the engine just at the rear of the filter housing but slightley to the right if you understand what i mean it feels like a single cable and i thought it might be that so if i remove the under tray will i be able to see it clearley and get at it with out having to remove loads of pipes etc.thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

Just a courtesy reply - I note what you have said above.. Let me know how you get on - or if you have any other troubles...

Best Rgds, MIKE..

( This is not an " Info Request "- you do not need to reply, unless required of course)