Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

audi TTthe electric roof failed to close. the RAC said it

Customer Question

audi TT the electric roof failed to close model year 2008 March. the RAC said it is micro switch 8 after running is diagnostic tests. We closed it manually. Today when we tried again using the

open/close button inside car it only opened 6 inches and remained like this until we managed to close it - again using the open/cose button inside the car. any suggestions?

we have had similar problems with this roof since purchased. Audi have now refused to repair it ex gratia as over 5 years despite  having a paper chain.. we have had two motors replaced in 5 years. the motor appears to be working - we can hear it from the boot. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. we can take it to our local generic car dealer who could then try if we cant do it ourselves.

cheers 

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.