David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

Hi, How do I remove my existing "shark-type"" aerial & replace

Hi, How do I remove my existing "shark-type"" aerial & replace with an Antenna mast, so I can put my "mickey-mouse" ears?
Mickey
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Micky,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Shantal, Yes, no problem, I can wait until you can find a solution to my request. looking at the original aerial, there seems to be a joint that can be un-screwed somehoy, but accss to it looks tricky.
Anyway thanks for your assistance with this quest.
I look forward to your response & am winning to wait as long as it takes, thanks.
Mikey
Hello Mickey,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

To remove the aerial from your Q3 you would need to lower the rear section of the head lining to allow you to gain access to the wiring and securing bolt. There is a bolt in the middle of the aerial base that you need to unscrew and is No3 in the picture below.

graphic

The picture also shows the two wires that you need to disconnect to allow you to remove the aerial.

The issues that you may run in to with finding a replacement is to make sure that the connectors are the same and if you have Sat Nav in your car this is also usually part of this aerial.

If you require further or some more information please feel free to ask

Dave

David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them