Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I HAVE JUST HAD MY RADIATOR REPLACED ON MY AUDI A4 TURBO AN

Customer Question

I HAVE JUST HAD MY RADIATOR REPLACED ON MY AUDI A4 TURBO AN NOW I HAVE LOST ALL OF MY HEATING AND DEMISTING CAPABILITIES ARE THE TWO RELATED.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

yes its all part of the same system

I'd 1st check that you haven't got any air in the system

So check that the small hoses that run from the top of the engine and radiator that run back to the header / expansion tank are free flowing and not blocked

If these are OK then remove the tank pressure cap and run the engine from cold with the heater set to full hot

As the engine starts to warm, squeeze the large hoses running to the radiator to help displace any air - all the time keeping an eye on the level in the header tank, making sure it doesn't drop below the minimum and open any bleed screws built into the top cooling hoses - closing them off as soon as they start to gush water

Once the engine is up to temperature the tank should be quite full. Switch the engine off and leave it to cool

Then top up to the mark once its all cold and replace the cap