AudiDoc
AudiDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Independent European garage owner. Over 20 years experience
14582033

I have a A6 2001 which has failed its MOT because of air bag

Customer Question

I have a A6 2001 which has failed it's MOT because of air bag light is on. When I have tried to fix it the technician has not been able to connect to the computer in the car. What to do?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I still need an answer, please. That is why I paid £13. Jan

Hello Jan,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  AudiDoc replied 3 years ago.
I have a question for you first please. Is the technician able to connect to any other computer in the car? Engine, ABS, HVAC, or others?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He tried to connect wireless to the car but could not communicate at all with it. I have tried a reset tool and connected it under the dash board and it says it has reset the airbag light but the light is still on.

Expert:  AudiDoc replied 3 years ago.
I would try two things before attempting to reconnect:
1) unplug all connectors from the rear of the radio
2) unplug main connector to ABS module

Both components, if there is an internal problem, will lock down communications to all other modules.