Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hello. I have an A6 c6 avant 2.0tdi 2007reg. 110k milage. When

hello. I have an A6 c6 avant 2.0tdi 2007reg. 110k milage. When I'm driving car sometimes when I accelerate mostly on 5 or 6 gear, revs going up but car das not speed up as in the past.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

sorry to say that this sounds like the clutch is starting to slip

if you notice a 'hot smell' after driving the car and its seems that the car sometimes struggles to accelerate quickly or up a hill then this would confirm it

its a gearbox out job to repalce the clutch so bank on about 5-6 hours labour plus £200 worth of parts to replace it

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years