How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike
Mike, Technician
Category: Audi
Satisfied Customers: 39198
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905
Type Your Audi Question Here...
Mike is online now

My 2007 audi a8 Quattro instrument (small) panel between rev

Resolved Question:

My 2007 audi a8 Quattro instrument (small) panel between rev counter and speedo has suddenly gone blank. Cant reset computer 1 or two which default to OFF. Am I missing something obvious?  Just noticed that the dash/all instrument lights are at full brightness and I cannot dim them. 

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Thank you,

Shantal
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change as yet with the problem. It would appear as though there is no power to the driver information module/screen. I've check all the relevant fuses and they are ok. The screen suddenly went off and the only associated problem is with the instrument panel dimmer which now fails to work and instrument lights are at full brightness all the time. I believe that there is a light sensor which is part of the driver display module so the fact that the instrument light control has failed may be to do with that. Does the driver display module receive its power via a relay? All other systems on the car work ok including the MMI. Cant think of anything else to try other than probably having to pay a fortune to AUDI to diagnose the fault and fix it. Guess they will come up with replacing the instrument panel as I would imagine that the driver display module can't be changed on its own. .I would appreciate any comments and or ideas you might have regarding this problem. Thanks

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. This will hopefully help us to locate the right Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,

Shantal

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise.. Sorry to see you have had a wait.

Im afraid with this issue you have, its 99% sure that its a fault with the cluster unit itself - with the other 1% being that it could be a wiring fault - bad connection on the block connectors on the back of the dash - So the dash cluster needs to be removed - and check the connectors to the back first - just to see / just in case. If that cures it , thats great - but I really doubt it to be honest - as you have the bright light issue as well..

You could have a new cluster unit fitted but that is expensive.. I will give you a contact number of a specialist that repairs these units for all these types of faults- they are in Kent area - you just send your unit to them - they test / repair it saving you considerable sums of money.

The number you need is - 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 ... Give them a call and they will talk you through it all inc prices etc etc -

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..


Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Category: Audi
Satisfied Customers: 39198
Experience: Tech Expert
Mike and other Audi Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE - who answered your question / helped you as above.

Im just checking as Ive heard nothing from you , if you require more help at all... If you do, by all means just reply and ask me - Im always happy to help more so if needed. If not -if we are done, I do just need you to now click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - and I thank you.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.