Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an Audi AI sports 2 door which I purchased in Sept new.

Customer Question

I have an Audi AI sports 2 door which I purchased in Sept new. I was stuck on an incline for 30 mins in a traffic jam on my way home today. Immediately after that as the traffic began to clear a chap ran over to be and told me that smoke was coming from under my right front
Near wheel and added it was the clutch. My clutch was sluggish but as I drove it became easier and more like normal. The most wierd thing was the awful rotten food smell in the car. should I worry?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you.

Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question -

Given what you describe - it sounds very much as though it was the catalytic converter on the exhaust - when in traffic they can get very hot ( they do get hot - thats normal ) - but sometimes you smell them too - like a rotten egg smell ... again - thats normal but there shouldn't be an excess of smoke.
This could be trapped debris on the exhaust etc - or indeed a fault... its very difficult to say on this without seeing it - The best advise therefore that I can give other than mentioning as above is for you to just have it looked at - checked physically underside to see if there is anything to be concerned with - then go from there as found / if found. Other than that - it could just be the cat conveter smelling due to standing as above and thats not a concern.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.