Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, have a a6 2000 year 1.8 petrol.

Customer Question

Hi, have a a6 2000 year 1.8 petrol. Car drives and starts perfect, at least for a while, then simply cuts out and refuse to start for up to 10 minutes, start again and then runtime reduced before next cutout. Had a waterleak before and that was just fixed. Plastic hose fitting connection on back of engine o-ring leaked. The oil sensor warning light has just came back on. Still orange. Worth mentioning that when  the car warning displayed oil sensor whilst driving, the display changed very briefly to a red oil light upon cutting off engine. This sign disappeared and went back to amber oil sensor light when restarted car after waiting period. 

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.