David-VAG
David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working within the Audi group for over 10 years diagnosing and repairing them
27984060

The engine diagnostic light has just come on my audi a3 sportback,

The engine diagnostic light has just come on my audi a3 sportback, when I turned the engine off previous there was a whining noise coming from engine
Category: Audi
Expert:  David-VAG replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

There are now various different sensors on the modern engine and any of these can cause your warning light ot come on. You will need to have the fault memory checked with diagnostic equipment to see which fault code has caused the light to come on. Once you have the fault code it will be a lot easier to diagnose your fault.

If you are able to come back with a fault code I will be more than happy to help you further with this problem

Dave