Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have an Audi A6 diesel all road 08 reg with 57,000 miles

I have an Audi A6 diesel all road 08 reg with 57,000 miles on the clock. This morning the after going partly through a deep puddle and stopping when I turned the ignition back on emission control system light came on. I drove a short distance parked up came back to the car an hour later and restarted the engine and the light remained on.

I can get to a garage tomorrow but would like to know how serious and if the car is driveable for short distances.

Category: Audi
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there

Hopefully i can help..

How does the car perform itself wise since the problem occurred?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no loss of performance and seems fine in all aspects

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..thanks for your reply..

Ok..the warning in question means there is a malfunction in one of the emissions control systems on the vehicle..this would certainly require diagnostics to find out exactly what has occurred as faulty wither thats due to water issue in regards XXXXX XXXXX system sensor is prob more then likely - it isnt something that would stop you using the vehicle as you can continue to drive - but advised as you say for only essential short trips only until such time you get it properly inspected..if its flashing this warning then the vehicle shouldnt be driven at all as that would mean serious issue has cropped up in regards XXXXX XXXXX emissions control side..if its just solid warning light on then it should be ok in the meantime and as you have confirmed the vehicle still seems to perform well..I do hope this helps