Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

HiJust purchased an Audi A8 3.0l petrol 2004I have

Customer Question

Hi Just purchased an Audi A8 3.0l petrol 2004 I have noticed 3 potential problems so far and wanted some advice. Firstly, for about 5/10 mins after starting I get a ticking noise from around the glove box, pretty sure its a electric fault more likely a relay and seems to be I. Time with the accelerator, I mean if I press the pedal the ticking starts on tick over no ticking noise? Secondly, in dynamic suspension mode the green light on the dash stays on, the car shaped light with a down arrow. My guess is as it's green it's surprised to be on but wanted to check. Thirdly, today I parked up left it for about 45 mins and on my return all windows were wound down, the hazard light were flashing, no alarm going (it may have sounded, and stopped but unsure) and all doors were still locked! This is a worry as if it were security you would expect a lock down not all windows to be rolled down! PS I know if you press and hold the unlock button the windows roll down but I hadn't done that and was certainly not in range to have done adversely. Thanks Matt XXXX

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Matt,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I still need help didn't realise it takes so long!

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please refund the money, its taking too long I will have to source another solution.