Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I bought my Audi A6 Le Mans 2.7 Quattro in Feb 2008 as an ex

I bought my Audi A6 Le Mans 2.7 Quattro in Feb 2008 as an ex demonstrator Reg HJ 07 NMV. In Jan 2009 the rear windscreen washer pipe leaked on to the MMI control unit and rendered it U/S. Audi replaced the control unit under warranty. In Feb 2002 the washer pipes leaked again and they were repaired again under warranty. At the same time they carrie out recall work 19F8 ( I don't know what this was). The control unit wasn't damaged this time.
The pipes have again burst and this time the control unit has ceased to work again.
The question is would I be entitled to get the control unit replaced under the warranty and how do we stop it happening again. Audi say it is because I am not using Audi screen wash and the jets block up.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

There should be a case for replacing the unit again as you can prove its a faulty design that hasn't been addressed with different parts

I'd ask then to secure the pipes with small clips or ty wraps and I'd also consider putting the MMI unit inside a plastic bag to help protect it in future

and its possible that not using Audi fluid can cause this so I'd start using it in future

if you buy it from GSF its a lot cheaper
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years