mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The clutch pedal on my Audi A3 sport sticks to the floor sometimes,

The clutch pedal on my Audi A3 sport sticks to the floor sometimes, is this serious, and what should I do about it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

When the pedal sticks to the floor, does it come back up on its own or do you have to lift it manually?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It usually happens when I park the car then I have to lift it with the toe of my foot. It does sometimes happen when driving at slower speeds,.

but then it only partially stays in and again I have to lift it with my foot.

From what you are describing the problem is the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is bleeding down and not holding the pressure like it should in turn resulting in the issue. The master cylinder and slave cylinder will need to be checked and likely replaced, this will not require the gearbox to be removed.
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me a rough idea of how much this will cost please. Also should it be done at an Audi garage or would a good local garage be ok to do the work.
Liz Aldridge
A local garage could do this job for you with no problem and the labor will run about 2 hours at the shops labor rate, the part will run about 125. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did ask if it was serious. Should I have it repaired asap? Liz Aldridge
Yes this repair should be made as soon as you can so that damage to the clutch or gearbox does not occur. Thank you.