mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Audi A6 with a multitronic gearbox on a 2004 plate

I have a Audi A6 with a multitronic gearbox on a 2004 plate when setting off its developed a slight juddering/vibration from the gearbox the car has covered 166.000miles. Please cn you help.Thanks Kenny.
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this a common issue of the torque converter starting to fail for the gearbox.The splines inside of the converter become worn and cause the issue that you are having.
The torque converter will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks is that a new gearbox or just the converter, what sort of price am I looking at please.
Just the converter, the gearbox is normally unharmed.
The gearbox has to come out in order to replace the converter which will require about 5 hours of labor and the part runs about 400