mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Audi A2 1.4 petrol - engines just dies while doing 30mph in

Audi A2 1.4 petrol - engines just dies while doing 30mph in 4th gear. Restarts after 1 or 2 attempts. Any idea what could be causing this to happen?
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

A there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No warning lights come on. Just the battery symbol that you would expect when you start up. There is no other warning - the revs just drop off and there is no power.

I'm not sure if its relevant, but the car was serviced yesterday - the problem being that the garage that serviced it is on the other side of London.

What normally causes this issue on these vehicles is a fault with the crankshaft position sensor, this is a common issue on these vehicles and the sensor will need to be ohm tested.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to test the sensor or will they just replace it and see if the problem is still there? I have heard they are quite expensive

They test the sensor by using a ohm meter before replacing.