Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

HiI have a 2006 Audi A4 convertible 3.2 quattro. I purchased

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 Audi A4 convertible 3.2 quattro. I purchased the car only 6 weeks ago and was fine for the first 4 weeks and covered over a 1000 miles, the car has now developed an intermittent misfire. The car will be OK for 3-4 days and then it will start with a misfire on the right cylinder bank, the car will drive but at much reduced power. The engine light comes on after about 5 minutes of driving. After leaving the car for a few hours the problem usually disappears and all is ok and the engine light goes out after a decent drive. The problem reappears a few days later and the same happens. I have had the coil packs replaced on the right bank and this has made no diference, the same problem occurs. an indipendant garage has been unable to solve the problem. The diagnostic test does not show any misfire codes. I have heared of problems with carbon build up on the intake valves, could this be anything to do with the problem. the car has covered 50000 miles. Any advice would be welcome cheers Phil

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Phil,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello Phil,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?