Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi thereIve got an A6 Allroad 4.2

Customer Question

Hi there Iv'e got an A6 Allroad 4.2 on a 54 plate..on the way home from work the battery light came on and I noticed that the volt meter was falling to below 12 volts so pulled over and switched it off. The temp gauge never went up, and there was no loss of power either. It did need a jump start to re park it Is this the drive belt or is the alternator us. and how much of a job will it be Kind regards ***** *****

Category: Audi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Steve,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The car is with audi so don't need any assistance thanks