mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi Ive been having trouble with my car its an audi a3 2.0t

Hi I've been having trouble with my car it's an audi a3 2.0t basically it's a starting problem if I drive the car and engine is up to temp then I leave it for few minutes an try starting again it seems that the choke is coming back on and it's finding it difficult to start like if it's flooding its self I look on the internet for the problem an what I found was that every one saying it's the coolant sensor so I had that changed and all the fuel lines cleaned but still having the same problem but it seems to be a lot better than it was originally when this problem started I've also had it on a diagnostic machine but nothing shows up so what I was wondering does the computer need resetting after you change a part so it recognises that it's been changed or could it be something else wrong with it thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you were having is in fact the coolant sensor, however after the sensor is replaced the ecu will need to be reset in order for the sensor to communicate properly with the vehicle.This will need to be done with a diagnostic tool.